Here are some tips to help you with your fundraising:
- Set a goal, and make a chart to track your progress.
- Set a date to archive that goal, and work your hardest to get there.
- Be thrifty, try not to spend more money than you will gain.
- Have a kick-off and invite media.
- Be passionate about your cause.
- Always you yourself be the first to give to a new appeal. Gives you a genuine stake in it and gives you confidence when asking others.
- Think about why people might want to give to your project; why would you give to it?
- Always say thankyou, really nicely, however small the gift - even if there is no gift.
- Keep good records of all your contacts and donations, ideally on a good database